2019 Mercury 8.2 MAG ECT
Call for Price
8.2 MAG ECT
Simple. Easy. Powerful.
Built for ease – from maintenance to maneuvering.
- Durable: A high-displacement footprint allows the V-8s to work smarter – not harder –with lower revs to ensure longer engine life. Engine Guardian is standard and averts potential problems with timely intervention, while the Cool Fuel Module prevents vapor lock.
- High Technology: Long runner intakes pack more air into the chamber, while the advanced MPI system fine-tunes the fuel-to-air mix, producing more power on combustion. High performance aluminum cylinder heads improve mid-range acceleration. SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift provides silky-smooth operation.
- Big Power From Little Gas: These big blocks put all the power you want on the line when you need it – just the ticket for larger cruisers. The high-output alternator generates 65 percent more power than previous models. Yet the MPI and ECT systems also ensure maximum fuel economy. And these engines take 87-octane gas!
- Corrosion Protection: The MercFusion Paint System creates an outer seal against the elements, while MerCathode® provides automatic protection against galvanic corrosion. For maximum defense against saltwater effects, the SeaCore® industrial hardcoat anodizing system and closed-cooling circuit is available with the Bravo® drive.
- HP / kW: 380 / 283
- Maximum RPM (WOT): 4400 - 4800
- Engine type: V-8
- Displacement (L): 8.2
- Bore and stroke: 4.47 x 4.00 in. / 113.5 x 101.6 mm
- Compression ratio: 8.75:1
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Engine control system: PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability OBD-M diagnostics Dual oxygen sensors
- Fuel delivery system: Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- Air induction: High inertia induction system
- Ignition: Distributorless ignition with knock control
- Alternator amp / Watt: 65 amp / 917 watt
- Water drain system: Single point air actuated
- Exhaust system: Tuned runner exhaust manifolds with 316 stainless steel tubular dry joint elbows
- Cooling system: Brass sea water pump, Closed cooling, Long life 5-year antifreeze
- Accessory drive system: Auto-tensioner, Serpentine belt
- Recommended oil: NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
- Engine guardian system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 35 x 33 x 24 in. / 878 x 838 x 610 mm
- Weight (engine only): 1,122 lb. / 509 kg
- Compatible drives: Bravo One X, Bravo One XR, Bravo Three X, Bravo Three XR, Bravo Two X
- Engine Type
- 380 hp (283 kW)
- Bore x Stroke
- 4.47 x 4.00 in. (113.5 x 101.6 mm)
- 8.2 L
- Compression Ratio
- 35 in. (878 mm)
- 33 in. (838 mm)
- 24 in. (610 mm)
- 1122 lb. (509 kg)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4400 - 4800 rpm
- Fuel Induction
- Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- 65 amp / 917 watt
- Brass sea water pump, Closed cooling, Long life 5-year antifreeze
- 3 Year Corrosion, 2 Year Limited