2018 Volvo Penta V6-240-C/FWD
Call for Price
Volvo Penta Forward Drive V6‐240‐C FWD is a totally integrated package, powered by the 6‐cylinder, 4.3‐liter, freshwater‐cooled, direct‐injected gasoline engine with catalyst. Working together with the perfectly matched FWD uoprop drive, this package offers great versatility, low noise levels, very low emission levels, and impressive acceleration power.
- Rated rpm: 5800
- Crankshaft Power, kW: 179
- Crankshaft Power, hp: 240
- Emission compliance: EPA Tier 3, CARB 4-star, EU RCD Stage II, BSO II
- Aspiration: Naturally aspirated
- Emission control technology: Catalytic Converter
- High-pressure fuel injection: Direct injection
- Control system: Electronic Gas Control
- Displacement (L): 4.3
- Compact and lightweight package: The compact engine-drive package facilitates installation. Thanks to the aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head, the low-friction, lightweight pistons, and a cast-aluminum oil pan, the power-toweight ratio is excellent.
- Direct injection technology: The direct injection fuel system enables high compression ratio with more energy coming from each drop of fuel - thus reducing both fuel consumption and emission levels.
- Variable valve timing: With the variable valve timing, each movement of the intake and exhaust valve can be optimized for speed and load. Combustion will always be correct irrespective of rpm, resulting in higher torque and acceleration across the whole rpm range.
- Freshwater-cooled engine: The freshwater cooling system makes the engine last longer and run better. The closed-loop system eliminates seawater exposure inside the engine, prevents corrosion and improves the engine's durability and resale value.
- Forward-facing drive with twin, counter-rotating propellers: The forward-facing, Duoprop twin, counter-rotating propellers work in undisturbed water to produce unparalleled thrust, straight and true tracking plus faster acceleration. Together, the FWD drive and the powerful gasoline engine complete the propulsion system with less noise and low-level vibration.
- 240 hp
- 4.3 L
- Fuel Induction
- Direct injection