2018 Mercury Class 1
Call for Price
Based off of the quad cam four valve (QC4v) engine platform, the 850 h.p. Class 1 race pumps out 850 lb-ft of torque from 2500 to 5250 rpm and delivers 850 horsepower at its 6,350 rpm red line. All of this power and torque comes from 89 posted octane (R+M)/2, (95 RON, global) pump gas.
- Original: Designed from the ground up by Mercury Racing engineers, the Class 1 was developed specifically for UIM Class 1 offshore race competition.
- Durable: The 32 valve quad cam valve train offers extreme durability at high horsepower and engine speeds so you can be confident in knowing that the engine can handle anything you can.
- Drivability: The long flat torque curve of the engine combined with Digital Throttle and Shift allows the Class 1 to rocket you to speed with the smoothness and ease of a high-end luxury vehicle throughout the full RPM range.
- System Engineered: Engines, controls, transmissions, drives and propellers are designed to work as an integrated system with the vessel.
- The Class 1’s fuel calibration is unique for its application, but it’s function is very similar. It shifts just as sweetly and throttles just as effortlessly as it’s QC4v siblings. It features an integrated, water-cooled twin turbo exhaust system. The digitally modulated boost control is employed to handle the engines’ massive, flat torque line. And, as with all QC4v engines, The Class 1 is drive-by- wire and features an electronically shifted transmission.
- The Class 1 is available with the dry-sump NXT6 drive with gear ratios from 1.15.1 to 1.42:1 or as an engine only.
- With 11 color options available and four different components that can be painted — Induction & Exhaust, Base Engine, Transom, and Drive —owners can mix and match to create literally thousands of different custom color combinations.
- 9.0L – 90 degree DOHC V-8
- Aluminum block and heads for reduced weight
- Designed/Developed/Produced by Mercury Racing
- Durable NiCom® coated aluminum cylinder bores
- NiComcoating improves heat transfer and durability
- Quad cam, four valve (QC4v) design optimizes power and torque throughout the engine operating RPM range
- Overhead cam design extends the operating rpm range
- Fuel efficiency rewards of 20 to 30% vs. similarly rated engines
- Improved durability
- Twin, water cooled turbochargers yield better performance, fuel economy and sound quality and reduce noise
- Closed Cooled
- Enhanced corrosion resistance and improved engine cooling
- Dressed to Thrill
- Multiple engine and drive color options
- Engine Type
- 90 deg. DOHC V-8
- 850 hp
- 9.0 L