2018 Mercury 4.5L 200HP ECT
Call for Price
4.5L 200HP ECT
The Next Generation
Featuring a host of engineering innovations, the 4.5L series establishes new standards for power-to-weight ratio, driver experience, acceleration, durability, and ease of maintenance.
- Named Top Product by Boating Industry: The Mercury Marine 4.5L 200hp sterndrive is a 2015 Boating Industry Top Product of the year. The winning products were selected based on many factors, including innovation, impact on the industry, and how they advanced their category or created a new category.
- Built for Marine: Designing a V-6 block solely for marine use allows Mercury to build the 4.5L with the ultimate protection system, using cast-iron componentry where the engine intersects with seawater, and using corrosion-resistant aluminum and composites everywhere else.
- Powerful Performer: Thanks to its new, long-runner scroll intake manifold which draws in more air and converts it into additional torque, the 4.5L delivers a ground-breaking power-to-weight ratio and gives you V-8 power in a V-6 package.
- Smooth & Quiet: The 4.5L’s newly designed rear-facing throttle body, anti-whistle throttle plate, engine cover and mounts, lightweight flywheel, fuel-supply module, and structural oil pan all work together to deliver a superior idle, smoothness and low vibration. Resulting in an exceptional driving experience.
- Corrosion Protection: The MercFusion Paint System creates an outer seal against the elements, while MerCathode® provides automatic protection against galvanic corrosion. For maximum defense against saltwater effects, the SeaCore® industrial hardcoat anodizing system and closed-cooling circuit is available with the Bravo® drive.
- Sporty Handling: The 4.5L comes standard with Adaptive Speed Control, which automatically maintains engine rpm regardless of load or water conditions. The result is increased throttle response and a sporty feel.
- Easy to Maintain: When service is required, maintenance is a snap with the front-mounted drive lube monitor, color-coded maintenance points – including easy-to-reach oil filter and fill – and “how-to” videos that can be accessed via the QR code on the label.
- HP / kW: 200 / 149
- Maximum RPM (WOT): 4400 - 4800
- Engine type: V6, 2-valve/cylinder pushrod
- Displacement (L): 4.5
- Displacement (CID/L): 275 / 4.5
- Bore and stroke: 4.0 x 3.6 in. / 102 x 92 mm
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Fuel ethanol tolerance: Up to 10%
- Fuel requirement: 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum, Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2)
- Engine control system: Mechanical Shifting with Optional SmartCraft DTS, Standard SmartCraft with Electronic Throttle Control
- Fuel delivery system: Computer controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- Air induction: Performance-Tuned Scroll Intake Manifold
- Ignition: SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
- Alternator amp / Watt: 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Water drain system: Easy Drain "Season Extender" (Alpha)
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Cooling system: Water cooled with thermostat; FWC available as factory option
- Lubrication system: Integrated wet sump
- Recommended oil: NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
- Engine guardian system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 28 x 30 x 22 in. / 696 x 740 x 559 mm
- Weight (engine only): 761 lb. / 345 kg
- Compatible drives: Alpha
- Engine Type
- V6, 2-valve/cylinder pushrod
- 200 hp (149 kW)
- Bore x Stroke
- 4.0 x 3.6 in. (102 x 92 mm)
- 4.5 L
- 28 in. (696 mm)
- 30 in. (740 mm)
- 22 in. (559 mm)
- 761 lb. (345 kg)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4400 - 4800 rpm
- Fuel Induction
- Computer controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Water cooled with thermostat; FWC available as factory option
- 3 Year Corrosion, 2 Year Limited